I know many folks who are SharePoint developers who are still getting into Silverlight development. I fall into that camp. There's plenty of information out there on how to do SharePoint development and how to build Silverlight controls. A smart cookie and figure out how to do data binding and pulling data from the SharePoint Web Services.
A few weeks ago I saw that my pal Steve Fox and Paul Stubbs released a book on the exact subject: Pro Microsoft SharePoint 2007 Development Using Microsoft Silverlight 2. The best part about it: it's concise (312pgs) and covers almost all the hot button issues you'd come across such as:
- Different ways to integrate with SharePoint
- How to create and deploy the SharePoint Web Parts host container
- Tips for adding the Silverlight video player application to the SharePoint site
- Ways to develop your first custom field type
- Suggestions for branding your SharePoint sites
- Techniques for customizing Web Parts and creating editor parts
- How to deal with hidden fields, cookies, XML data ISLAND, and more
I HIGHLY recommend this book... it's a great resource!