This page serves as my “homepage” for my book, Professional SharePoint 2007 Web Content Management Development: Building Publishing Sites with Office SharePoint Server 2007. The book was published in early June 2008 and is available from all major retailers. While my publisher, Wiley (WROX), as a dedicated page for the book, I wanted to have my own as I could publish updates/fixes/errors and other information quicker than Wiley could. For now, the book is perfect! :)
The following lists the errors and/or omissions that have been identified in the book since it was published. Hey… sometimes things are missed! You can also view the official errata for the book on the main page for the book on the WROX website, linked above.
- Page 31, Section Safe Mode Parser: In the last paragraph, the second sentence should read “All customized pages are routed through the safe more mode parser…".
- Page 49, Listing 3-3: The C# using statement is not required (in fact, it isn’t recommended) as a call to the
SPWeb.Dispose()method is not necessary. General rule to follow is to not dispose of objects you didn’t create.
Page 81, Listing 5-6: The element is not syntactically correct… looks like some stuff was trimmed out by mistake. Replace the line that looks like this:
<NavBars Name="SharePoint Top Navbar" ID="1002"></NavBars>
<NavBars> <NavBar Name="SharePoint Top Navbar" ID="1002" /> </NavBars>
- Page 96, first bullet list: WROX production lost the formatting for these three bulleted items. They should look like this:
- Press Release – [Page content type ID]00242457EFB8B24247815D688C526CD44D01
- Executive Biography – [Page content type ID]00242457EFB8B24247815D688C526CD44D02
- Product Detail – [Page content type ID]00242457EFB8B24247815D688C526CD44D03
- Page 71: The figure on this page should have the
VariationRootPageLayout.aspxcircled and not the RedirectPageLayout.aspx
- Page 205: In the paragraph there is a reference to the “(George)” file. Ignore the word “(George)". WROX has tech editors put their comments in the manuscript inline and in this case, WROX production just missed this instance.
- Page 294: The last sentence before the last table should read “The additional three permission levels…”
Page 396: In the code sample (with the grey background) in the middle of the page, the second line should read:
Database db = SPContext.Current.Site.WebApplication.Farm.GetObject(dbid);
You can download the complete code solution from the main page for the book on the WROX website, linked above.
- Updated the site definition’s
onet.xmlfile to reflect the change listed with the element in the book errata listed above.
- Updated the site definition’s
onet.xmlfile to set the element in the Publishing Feature within configuration #2 site template with the following:
- Modified the page layout
MinimalTmp.aspxin the PublishingMinimal Feature to set all instances of the server control to as SharePoint is case sensitive when provisioning the files.
BLOG POST CATEGORIES
- Critical Path Training
- Current Events
- DXCore CoreRush Refactor
- Football (US)
- MCMS 2002
- Media Center
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Cloud Show
- Microsoft Teams
- Personal Projects
- SharePoint 2003
- SharePoint 2007
- SharePoint 2010
- SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint Framework
- Windows Phone