Our next meeting is on Thursday, August 23, 2007. Here’s the session title & abstract to help you get a better idea of what we’ll be discussing:
Building Reusable CAML Queries in C# using CAML.NET The power of CAML lies in its flexibility, but that flexibility comes at the cost of lost productivity due to the inherently brittle nature of the CAML language and the difficulty of reusing prior work. CAML.NET addresses this problem by providing a rich set of static methods for easily expressing CAML queries and a corresponding set of wrapper classes for executing them and binding the results to any .NET object or data structure. Using CAML.NET, developers can build reusable query libraries and derive new queries from existing ones, adding value to their teams with each new assignment. This session introduces the CAML.NET framework and shows how developers can use it to take full advantage of the CAML query schema in their Windows SharePoint Services solutions.
Speaker: John Holliday , MVP Office SharePoint Server
Here’s the important stuff:
- Date: Thursday, August 23rd, 2007; 6p-8p
- Location: Modis building, downtown Jacksonville; conference room A on the second floor
- Meeting Location Map: http://floridaofficegeeks.org/JOG/Pages/Meeting%20Logistics.aspx
- RSVP Required: https://www.clicktoattend.com/invitation.aspx?code=119500
* Jacksonville Office Geeks is also known as the JAXDUG Office Developer SIG.