Regulatory Compliance - Item Level Auditing in SharePointDealing with regulatory compliance issues in the midst of an ever-increasing volume of content at least requires a robust method for tracking what happens to a document as it moves through a SharePoint portal. Windows SharePoint Services includes built-in functionality for keeping tabs on the "who, what, when and where" for every document in every document library, but this functionality is not enabled by default. In this session, we'll examine programming techniques for controlling the auditing support provided by WSS and we'll look at the enhanced audit reporting features provided by MOSS. We'll also explore strategies for implementing item-level auditing while minimizing its impact on the overall performance of a SharePoint farm.
Speaker: John Holliday, MVP Office SharePoint Server
Here's the important stuff:
- Date: Thursday, March 20th, 2008; 6p-8p
- Location: Bank of America, Building 500, 9000 Southside Blvd; 2nd Floor; Sea Oats room
- Meeting Location Map: http://floridaofficegeeks.org/JOG/Pages/Meeting%20Logistics.aspx
- RSVP Required: http://www.clicktoattend.com/?id=124804
* Jacksonville Office Geeks is also known as the JAXDUG Office Developer SIG.