Our next meeting is on Thursday, September 18, 2008. Here’s the session title & abstract to help you get a better idea of what we’ll be discussing:
Enterprise Content Management - Document Retention Document retention is an important part of content management. SharePoint provides out-of-the-box support for managing document retention using the built-in expiration policy feature of the information management policy framework. The built-in expiration policy feature includes the ability to define expiration formulas based on document metadata, but there are many scenarios in which the expiration date depends on conditions external to a given document. In this session, we’ll explore the information management policy architecture in detail and learn how to extend the expiration policy feature by writing custom document expiration formulas that calculate the expiration date based on data pulled from elsewhere in the SharePoint farm.
Speaker: John Holliday , MVP Office SharePoint Server
Here’s the important stuff:
- Date: Thursday, September 18th, 2008; 6p-8p
- Location: Bank of America, Building 500, 9000 Southside Blvd; 2nd Floor; Sea Oats room
- Meeting Location Map: http://floridaofficegeeks.org/JOG/Pages/Meeting%20Logistics.aspx
- RSVP Required: http://www.clicktoattend.com/?id=130639
* Jacksonville Office Geeks is also known as the JAXDUG Office Developer SIG.