MCMS SP1 -> SP1a … one tidbit to check

Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:11 AM
Microsoft MVP Logo

I recently upgraded one of my Virtual PC’s from MCMS2002 SP1 to SP1a.  After some flakyness, and a little input from Stefan Goßner, I realized that the SP1a upgrade added two new ISAPI filters, but didn’t unregister the old MCMS ISAPI filters.  This doesn’t happen all the time, it’s just a fluke thing.  It wasn’t documented anywhere that I could find (MS Support, Spencer’s MCMS KB list, Stefan’s FAQ, a Google search of the web & the MCMS newsgroup, or an MSN search of my Outlook where NewsGator stores all my blog feeds), so I’m documenting it here for those other souls who hit it.

After my upgrade, I checked the ISAPI filters registered at the root IIS website node and had the following listed:

  • Resolution HTML Packager
  • MCMS ISAPI Filter
  • MCMS HTML Packager
  • Resolution Filter

I needed to remove the two Resolution IFilters.

comments powered by Disqus