Thank you to everyone who attended my webcast yesterday on Office SharePoint Server 2007 Web Content Management for Site Administrators and Owners. I hope you got what you were looking for!
Thankfully yesterday’s webcast wasn’t plagued by the same audio problems we had last week . This just validated the lightning storm theory as to why the audio was so bad last week as yesterday was a perfectly clear day (not the best weather for a webcast, but great weather to play golf!).
This webcast is now available for viewing either streaming from the Live Meeting site or for download for offline viewing. Use the following links to either view the webcast:
This is the first of three webcasts I’m doing on WCM. The other two webcasts are:
- Office SharePoint Server 2007 Web Content Management for Content Owners and Authors - October 3 @ 2p EDT
- Office SharePoint Server 2007 Web Content Management for Developers and Designers - November 17 @ 2p EDT
If you are interested in getting a copy of the slide deck I used in this presentation, you can download it from the entry for this webcast on my speaking page; direct link: /Presentations#20061003
During the Q/A session, someone asked about setting up authentication for anonymous users, Windows Authentication, or even Forms Authentication. I mentioned a post on the SharePoint team blog, Configuring Multiple Authentication Providers for SharePoint 2007 , that is very helpful with this task. I have an authentication section on my WCM linkfest for additional links you may want to check out: WCM Links & Resources
Finally, I said that I would include all links that I mentioned during the webcast. While I used shortened URLs in the slide deck for presentation reasons, but here you’ll find the actual URLs.
- SharePoint Team Blog http://blogs.msdn.com/sharepoint
- ECM Team Blog http://blogs.msdn.com/ecm
- 2007 Microsoft Office System preview site https://www.microsoft.com/office/preview
- Webcast: The Evolution of Web Content Management in the 2007 Version of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (this is the webcast that compares CMS to WCM, referred to during the webcast) /Presentations#20060418
- Andrew Connell’s WCM Links & Resources
One last thing… here are links to two known WCM sites in production:
Thanks again, and if you have any questions (of if I forgot to put something in this post that I promised) please feel free to let me know!