If you’re just a syndicator, you won’t have noticed the changes to my site. Over the weekend, I updated my site to include some modificatinos I’ve made to the .Text v0.95 source as well as incorporate a new skin. Here are the changes I’ve made:
- Fixed bugs in the admin preferences page so I can not see 200+ items in each list in the admin screen.
- Added Google AdSense to the footer of all pages.
- Added NewsGator rating system in the detail view of posts and articles.
- Added script to include the latest photo from my MoBlog .
- Modfied (quite extensively) the galleries feature of .Text. I renamed it to albums, added additional fields (location, timeframe, album type), created a whole new client-side (non-admin) album browser, and added the ability to upload a ZIP of images in the admin screens which are automatically unzipped and added to the album (no more one-by-one uploads and no FTP needed like nGallery requires!). The new album pages are linked from the top-menu navigation. This by far was my biggest change to the site… very pleased with it too.
- Added a LinkType to the links feature OOTB in .Text v0.95. Now links can be flagged as a “resource”, “article”, or “blog” to name a few. I also added a whole new client-side (non-admin) link page and removed the links from the left panel. The new link pages are linked from the top-menu navigation. The old way I was doing link pages (manually updating a HTML table in article pages), has now been replaced with redirects. This is the other thing I consider a big change to the site.
- Added a blogroll page (linked from top navigation) that displays a realtime list of every blog/feed I subscribe to thanks to NewsGator‘s feed publishing script.
And I’m still not finished!!! I’d like to add a search feature as well; looking at Dave Burke’s posts where he used the Lucene open source project that .Text v0.96 was going to use as well as some other enhancements I’ve outlined previously.comments powered by Disqus