Just a friendly reminder that at next week’s Jacksonville Office Geeks Meeting I’ll be presenting on Building ASP.NET 2.0 Web Parts for Windows SharePoint Services v3 on Thursday, March 22, 2007.
Note that we are now using the Microsoft Events site to accept registrations. Please register/RSVP so we can get an accurate count on how many will be attending to provide food and refreshments: http://www.clicktoattend.com/invitation.aspx?code=115710
Building ASP.NET 2.0 Web Parts for Windows SharePoint Services v3 The Web Part framework was first introduced in Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) v2. Due in part to its success, the ASP.NET team elected to add a Web Part implementation to the second version of ASP.NET which was similar, but very different to the WSS v2 implementation. The SharePoint team elected to adopt the ASP.NET 2.0 Web Part implementation in WSS v3 over the implementation in WSS v2. This means that ASP.NET 2.0 Web Parts will work in WSS v3 sites with little or no new code! In this session we’ll take a look at building an ASP.NET 2.0 Web Part for use in a WSS v3 site as well as the deployment story. We’ll then explore some more advanced topics such as customizing the verbs menu, leveraging asynchronous programming, and creating connectable Web Parts.
- Date: Thursday, March 22, 2007; 6p-8p
- Location: Modis building, downtown Jacksonville; conference room A on the second floor
- Meeting Location Map: http://floridaofficegeeks.org/JOG/Pages/Meeting%20Logistics.aspx
- RSVP Required: If you plan to attend, please RSVP: http://www.clicktoattend.com/invitation.aspx?code=115710
- Jacksonville Office Geeks Meeting Announcement: http://floridaofficegeeks.org/JOG/Lists/Annoucements/DispForm.aspx?ID=9
Oh… and we’ll have some cool SharePoint freebies to hand out… any coffee drinkers out there? :Pcomments powered by Disqus