In October 2010 I did a bunch of posts on SharePoint 2010 ribbon development… in an effort to make them easier to find (as with other reference posts), I've added a new quick links section in the left-margin of my blog.
I needed one post to serve as the rollup for my ribbon posts so here's the list of ribbon posts I did:
- Always Create Your Own Group Templates with SharePoint Ribbon Customizations
- Handling Events in the SharePoint Ribbon
- Implementing Page Components in the SharePoint Ribbon
- Understanding Focused vs. Global Commands in SharePoint Ribbon Page Components
- Asynchronously Checking if a Command is Available in the SharePoint Ribbon
These all came from the work I did on a paper for MSDN on customizing the ribbon. Because MSDN papers shouldn't really have opinions in them (at least in my opinion), I uses these posts on my blog for that purpose. Here's the ribbon paper that accompanies those posts:comments powered by Disqus