The SharePoint team announced on their blog today that SP1 for SharePoint 2010 is now available for download. Aside from the typical security rollups, there were a few things that were added in this release such as:
- Added Support for Google Chrome
- Shallow Copy - Related to RBS, this is a migration technique where structured data within a site collection is moved across content DBs while the unstructured data remains untouched in the configured BLOB store. Assuming both the source & destination content DBs have the same RBS store, the BLOB data isn’t moved, just the ownership is updated.
- Site Recycle Bin - Yup… recycle bin for deleted site s& site collections.
- StorMan.aspx is back! - Gives site collection admins a view into what is in their site collections to assist in dealing with storage quotas.
- Cascading PerformancePoint Services Filters - Filter values can pass from one filter to another.