- I used to be epileptic as a child. Between the 4th and 6th grade I had three seizures. The cause was never officially diagnosed, but it was highly suspected that it was due to overheating in the previous 24 hours. One time I fainted while out at a golf course and had a seizure later that night, another time I came home from school with a fever of 102 but a violent chill. I climbed into bed and piled up the blankets. Next thing I knew there was a paramedic helping me in the bathroom, a few hours later I got loaded up with barbiturates (by a doctor) to stabilize me, and I didn't wake up for two days (seriously… I was out from Tuesday afternoon until Thursday… and man did I ever have to use the restroom).
- I grew up wanting to be a vet (after the common childhood desire to be a garbage man). But after working in a vet a few hours a day during the summer between 8th and 9th grade, I realized I didn't have the heart for the bad cases so that career choice went out the window.
- I went to college in search of a business degree and career, but after switching from finance to marketing to management, I poured my focus into computer science… too bad I didn't realize that's what I wanted to do earlier.
- I hung half my body (upper half) over the edge of the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland (scaring my mother to death). It was an incredible sight (a little stupid as the week before a German couple was blown over the edge). While born in the United States (with two or three generations of Americans), my heritage is rooted in Ireland. I got the chance to visit Ireland about 10 years ago and can't wait to go back. And yes, I also love the Irish food (shephard's pie, black pudding, etc). I also love Irish music, both traditional and more current (like The Young Dubs).
- I've always wanted to work for the CIA/NSA/DIA. No secret to my friends I'm a very proud American patriot and I think it would be a ton of fun to put my technical talents to use with one of our intelligence agencies.
I'm going to pass on re-tagging folk since I think I've already used my quota.comments powered by Disqus