I usually don’t ask questions on my blog, but I’m not finding much info on the subject. I need to create an installer for a project that will do the following:
- copy files to (1) specific place on the file system and (2) a user defined place on the file system
- create an IIS virtual server (web site)
- create an IIS virtual directory
- execute a handful of command line commands
- create a Windows Task Scheduler task with specific properties
It doesn’t seem like it’s that big of a task, but I’ve never done this before and a quick search in the newsgroups and on Amazon yielded surprisingly little info.
I’m looking at a few options such as using the built-in VS.NET 2003 installer project or getting InstallShield. Not sure how much more you really get from InstallShield.
Comments are welcomed…comments powered by Disqus