Microsoft introduced a new extensibility and customization development model for SharePoint in 2016. The SharePoint Framework brings client-side development to SharePoint as a first class option for developers. By now you have likely heard what Microsoft wants you to think about the SharePoint Framework, but what about seasoned SharePoint developers in the field?
I recently sat down with a few experienced SharePoint developers and asked them to share their thoughts in their own words. Published on the Voitanos blog, where you can get a full transcript, this week hear Chris Kent thinks of the SharePoint Framework including answers to the following questions:
- How much time have you spent with the SharePoint Framework?
- What is your impression of SharePoint Framework today?
- What is your impression of the SharePoint Framework roadmap?
- What is your favorite part of the SharePoint Framework?
- What is the one thing you would add to the SharePoint Framework?
- What is the one thing you would change to SharePoint Framework?
- What is the biggest challenge with SharePoint Framework?
- Predict the future - Where do you see the SharePoint Framework going?