Many of the frameworks we cover are probably familiar to most of you such as React, Angular, and Ember. But others you might not have heard of like Svelte, Solid, Lit, and Alpine.js! We’ve got hands-on experience with more than just the popular ones, React and Angular… which ones? You’ll have to tune in!
But that’s not all… we also get a bit opinionated and briefly discuss what is and is not a web framework and go further covering which ones we’ve used, liked, and disliked. We end with a spicy discussion on making decisions about which web framework to use based on the context of where your solution is going to be used.
CloudDev Clarity | Episode 7 - React, Angular, & web frameworks: good, bad, and ugly!
What else will you find? Here’s a list of some key moments in the episode:
- Web framework satisfaction (@04:14)
- Solid.js (@04:19)
- Alpine.js (@06:45)
- Web framework interest (@08:13)
- Web framework usage (@10:46)
- Web framework awareness (@12:16)
- What is a web framework (@15:36)
- What isn’t a web framework (@19:08)
- What we’ve used, liked, and disliked (@21:36)
- Where AC compares web frameworks to cars, pasta, and beer?! (@26:05)
- When, and which, web framework should you use? (@26:51)
- Where JT shuts AC down so she doesn’t lose her train of thought (@28:51)
For this past episode, piped the audio over to the Discord channel for listeners of the show to tune in… sort of like a live studio audience! These channels are hosted under the existing Voitanos Community on Discord . Once you’ve joined & verified you read the boilerplate terms & conditions, you’ll see channels where you can discuss upcoming episodes or make suggestions for new episodes!
I talked about how we’re using Discord for the show in the last episode . If this is news to you, jump over to that post to learn more. We’ve setup events so you can add it to your calendar and request to be notified when we’re about to start streaming. This way, you can listen into the next episode in it’s unedited form a week before we publish it on the channel!