Last week I registered for another half-marathon, the 26.2 with Donna The National Marathon to Finish Breast Cancer . The race is on February 9, 2020. This is my 4th half-marathon of the season… but this one is so much more than just a race. Proceeds from this race go to breast cancer research, care, and helping families.
Like so many, my extended family has been touched by breast cancer. This past year that I saw it up close, it’s impact, and truly appreciated what the fighters and their families go through. Running a race is tough, but it’s NOTHING to what they go through.
This organization, The DONNA Foundation , freaking rocks. I saw them in action this year as they got involved with my cousin’s battle.
I’m not just running the race, but I’m also fundraising. Please consider donating to my campaign using either of these links (they are both linked to the same campaign):
- DONNA Foundation Participant Center (Andrew Connell): Together we will
- Facebook campaign: Together we will
Please, pull your wallet out, and get behind me and donate to this incredible organization.
Now… let’s have some with this.
- Help me hit the $500 mark & I’ll wear a pink tutu/skirt during the race! UPDATE: We reached this in less than 24 hours!
- Help me hit the $1,000 and I’ll wear a pink bra during the race.
- Keep going and I’ll figure something out (open to suggestions)!
Yes, there will be pictures that I’ll share… I’ll get some before & after the race. There will be photographers on the course and we’ll see those pictures within a week of the race once they tag them with our bib numbers.
I’m running this race for Aunt Diana, Kathie G., Amy W., Stephanie T., my cousin Christie M., for their families and for all the other women and families affected by breast cancer.
Additional info about and from the DONNA Foundation:
This Season, We Are Asking For Your Help To Raise $500,000 For The Donna Foundation. The needs of The DONNA Foundation have expanded, and we know that with the help of the DONNA nation, we can achieve this monumental goal. Together we can. #TogetherWeWILL
Did you know…
- Our survivorship, education and awareness programs reach nearly 10,000 survivors, their families and loved ones annually.
- Our current service year of the DONNA CareLine is trending up 40% over last year for the volume of families needing our support.
Next year, we are on trend to serve more than 1,000 families living with breast cancer and we cannot do this without your help.
- 70% of the families we serve are living at or near 400% of the national poverty level.
- 60% of the patients we serve are between the ages of 35 and 55.
- The DONNA CareLine is able to consistently mitigate or resolve 97% of its annual cases.
- The DONNA Foundation funds ‘game-changing’ research at Mayo Clinic like specialized equipment funded this year.