Back in August 2012 I published, via the MSDN Office Developer Documentation Team, two workflow samples that showed how to build a workflow using Visual Studio 2012 that called an external web service and updated a list item as well as how to encapsulate this within a custom activity. I recently updated these two samples and they were republished this week.
Previously people had issues with the samples because they were written with pre-beta SharePoint 2013 / Workflow Manager / Visual Studio 2012 / Office & SharePoint 2013 Developer Tools. The samples are updated to use the latest and greatest stuff and are based on the following:
- SharePoint 2013 RTM + the March 2013 Public Update applied
- Service Bus 1.0 RTM + the February 2013 Cumulative Update applied
- Workflow Manager 1.0 RTM + the February 2013 Cumulative Update applied
- Visual Studio 2012 RTM + Update 2 applied
- Office Developer Tools (RTM) for Visual Studio 2012
If you’re looking for links to these downloads, check out this post where I go through all the recent updates.
Here are the two samples:
- SharePoint 2013 workflow: Call an External Web Service - Learn how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create a SharePoint 2013 workflow that calls an external web service. When calling the web service, the sample workflow also makes use of the new DynamicValue data type.
- SharePoint 2013 workflow: Create a Custom Action - Learn how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create a SharePoint 2013 workflow that uses a custom actions and calls an external web service. When calling the web service, the sample workflow makes use of the new DynamicValue data type.
I also have a bunch of additional samples that are currently being updated as well and will demonstrate a lot more stuff… stay tuned for another update, hopefully in a week, for details on those.comments powered by Disqus