With the release of SharePoint Server 2010 to RTM, everyone wants to create their own virtual machine. The process may not be as straightforward as some expect. We at Critical Path Training have created a complete setup guide that helps you get your own environment setup. It includes the following:
- Setting up a Windows Server 2008 R2
- Setting up Active Directory & DNS
- Setting up SQL Server 2008 R2 RTM
- Setting up & configuring SharePoint Server 2010 RTM
- Setting up & configuring Office 2010 Professional Plus 2010 RTM
- Installing SharePoint Designer 2010 RTM
- Installing Visio 2010 RTM
- Installing Office Web Applications RTM
- Setting up & configuring Visual Studio 2010 RTM
Our guide walks you though each step in a ton of detail complete with screenshots along the way. Like I said, there’s tons of detail… over 70pgs worth of helpful instructions! You don’t even need licenses for things like Windows Server 2008 or SQL Server… we show you where to get the trial / evaluation editions of these products. Of course, you’re free to use your own keys if you like.
This guide is provided for free from the members only section of our site. Login (or first create your free account) at Critical Path Training & click on the Members link in the primary navigation (it isn’t there when you aren’t logged in). From there you can access all our members-only content including this document (located under the articles section titled SharePoint Server RTM Virtual Machine Setup Guide).