[via Patrick Tisseghem ]
The purpose of the SharePoint Utility Suite is to provide a packaged collection of Tools and Utilities showcasing the rich Object Model that is delivered with the SharePoint Product and Technologies SDK (which includes Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 and SharePoint Portal Server 2003). This package includes code and tool examples that SharePoint Developers and SharePoint Administrators might find useful.
What’s in the suite:
- SharePoint Portal Server Content Source Add tool An example of how to add Content Sources programmatically in SharePoint Portal Server 2003.
- SharePoint Portal Server Indexer Property Sequence Number Checker This tool will check the PropSeqNum values for indexes on the index server, and compare the values on all related Search Servers
- Document Library file extractor Extract files recursively from a document library out to the local file system
- file system SharePoint Web Pruning tool Removes all necessary subwebs recursively for a web at any level in the site collection, without the need to do this manually.
- SiteBuilder test tool Create a series of Site Collections and nested webs for testing purposes
- SharePoint User Util User Maintenance tool for Windows SharePoint Services and SharePoint Portal Server
- List Refresh Tool Rebuilds a list for you in case you need to apply the latest template changes on the list.