- Introduction to Customized and Uncustomized Files
- Understanding Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Architecture
- Creating New SharePoint Sites
- Understanding Customized vs. Uncustomized Files
- Creating Custom Pages in SharePoint Sites
Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 sites, like typical ASP.NET 2.0 Web sites, consist of ASP.NET 2.0 pages. To meet the scalability and the high demands of dynamic customization on a site-by-site basis, Microsoft introduced the concepts of customized and uncustomized files.
This article explores the details of these concepts, including their advantages and disadvantages, and it demonstrates how you can create new customized and uncustomized files.