Written by the most well-known SharePoint experts in the field, this book arms you with in-depth information on the critical areas within the platform. Sixteen Microsoft MVPs guide you through SharePoint 2007’s products and technologies, focusing on topics related to both WSS and MOSS. The authors share their unique knowledge and experience on the specific parts of SharePoint that they know best.
Covering the full breadth and depth of SharePoint, you’ll learn everything from how to configure forms-based authentication and administer a SharePoint site to developing a publishing site within MOSS and building workflow solutions. You’ll find different approaches to site design and corporate site branding using SharePoint Designer 2007 or using CSS depending on your needs. You’ll see advanced development scenarios using Excel Services for reports and advanced administrative functions for securing SharePoint communication. All of this will help you develop a dynamic SharePoint site that meets the needs of your company.
- The strengths and weaknesses of the different approaches to SharePoint authentication
- How to keep your SharePoint farm healthy including the essential command utilities you’ll depend on
- A structured approach to developing SharePoint sites that eases management and maintenance
- Web Part development with C#
- Creating Workflows with either WSS or MOSS including InfoPath® forms with MOSS
- Developing applications with the Business Data Catalog, Excel® Services, and Information Rights Management
- The different approaches to a SPS 2003 to MOSS 2007 upgrade emphasizing the gradual method
This book is for experienced .NET developers, Office (VBA) developers, and IT professionals developing and implementing SharePoint solutions.